2020 Installation Dinner
This year’s installation dinner of council officers and board members took place on Saturday January 25th. This year we once again expanded the number of units we support adding the Aegis Tech. Rep to our ranks.
This year we also welcomed senior staff from the to-be USS New Jersey, a Virginia-class attack submarine. The submarine was invited to participate in conjunction with the submarine’s commissioning committee, who presented a Sailor-of-the-Year award. The council hopes to build a long-term relationship with the submarine up to and after her commissioning.
Bases and units acknowledged this year included:
- NWS Earle
- US Coast Guard Sector New York
- USCGC Katherine Walker (WLM 552)
- USCGC Sturgeon Bay (WTGB 109)
- USCGC Penobscot Bay (WTGB 107)
- USCGC Sitkinak (WPB 1329)
- USS Bulkeley (DDG 84)
- US Coast Guard Station Sandy Hook
- USCGC Hawser (WYTL 65610)
- USCGC Line (WYTL 65611)
- USCGC Shrike (WPB 87342)
- USCGC Wire (WYTL 65612)
- US Coast Guard Aids to Navigation Team New York
- PCU New Jersey (SSN 796)
- Aegis Technical Representative (US Navy)
- Naval ROTC, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- United States Naval Sea Cadets, BB-62 Division
Adopted Naval and Coast Guard units which were present received Sailor of the Year/Enlisted Personnel of the Year awards to their designees.