The Navy League has three missions:
- To enhance the morale of active-duty personnel and their families;
- To inform Congress and the American public on the importance of strong sea services; and
- To support youth through programs such as the Naval Sea Cadet Corps, Junior ROTC and Young Marines that expose young people to the values of our sea services.
The Central Jersey Council has three priorities:
- To ensure that every service member from our adopted units knows that they have our Council’s unwavering support.
- To support any family members associated with our adopted units.
- To provide the tools necessary for each member to fulfill their duties as a Council officer or member.
What it means to be an officer or member of the Central Jersey Council.
You need to believe in the mission and vision of our council. You need to live and breathe the mission and vision of what our council is trying to accomplish. You become the Council’s advocate, ambassador and cheerleader. Folks need to feel and believe in our vision if you’re going to recruit them as members and leaders of our council as you ask them to roll up their sleeves and work side by side with you – for free – in support of that mission. Those around you will consistently look to you for direction and affirmation of a job well done. When the day comes that you will feel less than energetic, on that day, your team and the Council will step up and say “that’s ok. We’ve got this.”
That passion for our mission needs to carry over into fundraising, as you convince people that supporting our goals in support of the sea services is the right thing to do, every year. You will assure our adopted units and their families, that you will deliver on a promise to support them. And when, not if, that request comes, you will help us deliver on it. That trust and bond that you help maintain will guide you as you walk the halls and decks of our adopted units, and you will say with to them with confidence “you got the country on your backs, let us take care of you.”
These are the hallmarks of the Central Jersey Council. This is why our Council proclaims the we are, and shall continue to be, active and dynamic, because Leadership Counts! Join us and let yourself become an integral part of our team. The men and women who stand on the bulworks of freedom deserve nothing but the best that you have to offer.